I saw this floating around Facebook and thought it would be fun as a blog post. I interviewed the kids separately so as to elicit original responses, not just “Uh…what he/she said…”
1. What is something mom always says to you?
E: She always says to me if I’m hurt or scared “Emma, it’s o.k. You’ll get better soon.”
J: “I love you.”
2. What makes mom happy?
E: She likes to read and she likes to watch TV at night with her husband.
J: When I do my chores.
3. What makes mom sad?
E: When things die and when someone graduates from 5th grade
J: When someone dies.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
E: She makes funny faces and says like “deeerrr”
J: By cracking funny jokes.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
E: Just like me.
J: I have NO idea.
6. How old is your mom?
E: 39, I think.
J: 39, going on to 40 in like 1 1/2 months. Yay for mom!
7. How tall is your mom?
E: 8′ 6″
J: I have no idea.
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
E: Read. She loves reading.
J: Take walks
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
E: She probably reads.
J: Watch shows with my dad
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
E: Being an author.
J: Being the weirdest mom ever.
11. What is your mom really good at?
J: Getting me to do things
12. What is your mom not very good at?
E: Playing video games
J: Keeping a schedule for her exercising.
13. What does your mom do for a job?
E: She works at the public library.
J: She works at the library as a shelver.
14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
E: I don’t know.
J: Oh my. I don’t know.
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
E: That she’s my mom and that she takes care of me when I’m scared and hurt.
J: She works so hard.
16. If your mom was a character, who would she be?
E: Bugs Bunny
17. What do you and your mom do together?
E: We take walks together and we play games together.
J: We do a lot of things together like watch shows and take walks and that type of stuff
18. How are you and your mom the same?
E: We both have read hair and we both like watermelons.
J: We both really like peanut butter and we both have trouble exercising.
19. How are you and your mom different?
E: She’s 39 and I’m 11.
J: Oh my, a lot of things. Like, she’s a girl and she’s a lot older than me and she works and all that kind of stuff.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
E: She tells me all the time. She’s like “I love you every day. You know that, right?”
J: She tells me every day.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
E: I don’t know. I think…well…I don’t know.
J: I don’t know.
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
E: To the couch to read.
J: Probably Ohio.
23. How old was your mom when you were born?
E: 28. I think.