Now that you’re all caught up on how I did on my 2012 goals, it’s time to set some 2013 goals in place.
For the most part, the goals haven’t really changed all that much. I decided to drop the Positive Quotations book…by the end of the year I was just kind of skimming it instead of actually reading it and putting it into practice! My heart just wasn’t in it.
I’ve also decided that I need to spend a little more quality time with the kids. I gave them the choice of 1 on 1 time with each of them every day, or reading to both of them together every day. They chose the reading one, so that’s been added in.
I really want to focus on running faster in the shorter distances this year, and I’m running 13 in 2013, so the majority of my fitness goals center around that. I also want to have a changing monthly goal that doesn’t necessarily involve around running, so I threw that in there, too.
And I really think this is my year to get caught up and current on my chronological scrapbooking. I do have some other projects in mind, but I really want to get the everyday type pics scrapped and into albums!
Here’s my bullet points for the year:
- Be thankful for one thing, every day
- Read aloud with the kids 15 minutes every day
- Complete 13 races
- Run a sub-33 minute 5k (Race TBD – didn’t happen in 2012, it will happen this year)
- PR at the Sprint triathlon distance (small goal – under 1:44, big goal – under 1:35) (Race TBD)
- PR at the 10k distance (small goal – under 1:10, big goal – under 1:05) (Race TBD)
- Complete monthly mind/body challenges (changes monthly, TBD)
- Finish my 2010 scrapbooking
- Finish my Scrapbook Family Tree
- Read for 15 minutes, every day
And I really enjoyed the month-by-month format that I did last year! It helped me to stay on task when the yearly goals were broken down into more manageable monthly goals. If you’d like to see how I have my whole year laid out, you can check out all of my 2013 goals here!