I’ve been having some trouble with food journaling. My inner child is rebelling against it big time. It’s time consuming and I just don’t wanna. (Insert foot stomp here) My scale and jeans, on the other hand, tell me I need to get back to tracking my food. And in effort to make it not completely about the weight loss, I’m focusing on food journaling.
So, after talking to some folks on Twitter, I decided to create a challenge. Look, I made a button thingy and everything! I’m all professional like!
So, it’s a simple challenge really. I’m committing myself to journaling my food every day for the month of October. I usually do well with little rewards on the line, so I set up a reward system, too.
Here’s what I came up with for rewards:
- Daily – A little sticker on a monthly calendar.
- Week 1 – If I get at least 6 stickers, I’ll treat myself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.
- Week 2 – If I get at least 6 stickers, I’ll treat myself to new bubble bath stuff from Bed, Bath, & Beyond.
- Week 3 – If I get at least 6 stickers, I’ll treat myself to a movie rental in the middle of the day while the kids are at school.
- Week 4 – If I get at least 6 stickers, I’ll treat myself to a new album off of iTunes.
- Whole month – If I get at least 25 stickers, I’ll treat myself to a completely (well…mostly) chore free day during the week.
And since I have a goal, I needed to come up with a plan. I use an online To-Do List and I’ve added journaling each of my foods as tasks for the day.
Between the To Do List and the monthly calendar that I have added to my planner, I’ll have it in my face every day that this is what I want to do.
So that’s it! That’s my big challenge for October!
Is anybody else up for this? If you want to play along, feel free to grab the button (or not) and leave me a comment that you’re doing it, too. This is a really low key PERSONAL challenge. There aren’t any prizes or swag or anything. Any rewards you get will be something you decide on. Basically, you can join in for accountability if you need it or want.
In other words, I’ll be your prize. Isn’t that what you always wanted??
I thought so.